This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
The whole family will love this fun Roy Rogers drink made with Coca-Cola, grenadine syrup, and Maraschino cherries on top! Only 3 simple ingredients to enjoy this classic non-alcoholic drink.
What is a Roy Rogers Drink?
The Roy Rogers drink is said to be inspired by a famous American singer named Roy Rogers. Because Rogers did not drink alcohol, he would most likely order this classic mocktail made of Coke and grenadine. And so became this well known alcohol-free drink! Soda shops served this tasty drink in the 1950’s and it has since become a non-alcoholic menu favorite! Grenadine has a pomegranate base and adds a sweet tartness to the drink.
If you’re looking for more mocktail or non-alcoholic options like this Roy Rogers drink, then I have you covered! Try this fruity lava flow, a tropical mocktail favorite. It’s great to have options, and most fun and festive drinks can be made without alcohol like this virgin mojito or classic eggnog.
Ready to make a refreshing three-ingredient drink that everyone will go crazy over? Here is everything that you’ll need! And it doesn’t get any easier than three simple ingredients that make the tastiest combination!
- Grenadine: Flavored syrup that is a perfect add-in for drinks! It also adds a bright red color to the drink.
- Coca-Cola: Classic coca-cola. Feel free to use Diet or Coke Zero if you like.
- Maraschino Cherries: Cute jarred cherries for garnish! Everyone loves a drink with a cherry on top!
- Ice: Add ice just before serving if you want!
Roy Rogers Drink Recipe
This Roy Rogers drink is incredibly delicious and the easiest drink you will ever make! All it takes is a couple of steps, then you have a tasty drink ready to sip on and enjoy! Make this easy mocktail because it takes no time at all.
- Add Ice and Grenadine to a Glass: Fill a tall glass halfway with ice cubes, then pour the grenadine syrup over the ice.
- Pour in the Coke: Pour the Coke into the glass then stir with a spoon to mix the drink.
- Garnish with Maraschino Cherries: Top with Maraschino Cherries then enjoy!
Roy Rogers Tips
Make your Roy Rogers drink just the way you like it! I have tips to meet everyone’s needs, even caffeine-free options for kids. This is the easiest drink to make for the whole family.
- Grenadine Syrup: You can add more grenadine syrup to flavor the drink, just depending on your taste preference! Make it as sweet as you want.
- Coke-Cola Options: For a low-sugar option, sub the regular Coke for Coke Zero or Diet Coke. Use caffeine-free Coke for kiddos because they have enough energy as it is!
- Other Soda Options: Don’t like Coke? Although Coke is traditionally used, you can substitute it for other sodas. Try using Pepsi or Dr. Pepper if you’re into that.
Best Enjoyed Right Away
I recommend serving this Roy Rogers drink immediately. Prepare it right before serving. Chill the Coke ahead of time and serve over ice.
Pin this now to find it later
Fill a tall glass halfway with ice then pour the grenadine over the ice.
Pour the Coke into the glass then stir to mix the drink.
Top with maraschino cherries and enjoy!
Calories: 243kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 0.3gFat: 0.1gSodium: 26mgPotassium: 19mgSugar: 52gCalcium: 10mgIron: 0.4mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.